1. Start with Good Underpinnings – Everyone needs a good foundation. It all starts with investing in your unmentionables for the right look and feel.
2. White Blouse – A crisp white blouse is the ultimate classic piece for your closet. It looks great under a sweater, worn with jeans or tucked into a skirt with vibrant accessories.
3. Black Pencil Skirt – I prefer a high-waist skirt, but any well-fitting black skirt will make you look slim, sexy and smart. The timeless piece can be mixed and matched with nearly anything.
4. Simple, Flattering Dress – Who says your go-to dress needs to be black? Although it’s great to have a LBD stashed in your closet, focus on finding a flattering dress in a color that looks great on your skin tone. My LBD is a LGD – Little Green Dress. Throw on your go-to dress when you don’t want to put pieces together and you’re done!
5. Fitted Jacket – A jacket is the perfect layering piece that always makes you look pulled together and polished. The shape should curve in at the sides so that it’s flattering even on the hanger!
6. Dark Denim – Invest in a flattering pair of dark jeans that can be dressed up or down. Worn with heels, tucked into boots or with flats, a crisp pair of jeans makes you look like a class act.
7. Nude Heels – Nude heels elongate the leg and go with pretty much anything. Invest in a good pair – Closed toe or peep toe. Or both! Your legs will look long and lean when you wear them with a skirt or dress.